Galax Treatment Center, Inc Discussion by Anonymous

A discussion of the rehab center completed on Monday, August 09, 2010 6:34 PM MST.

Title

Balance life

Details

I am the wife of a recovering alcholic who attended the Galax Treatment Center. He told me that he was told at Galax that his sobriety came before anything. Does that mean quality time with your family? He goes to meetings every night and leaves me at home and skips out on family events. Should you also mention that sobriety comes with balancing your life between work, family and God? I am not happy that I feel this way, as a matter of fact I am ashamed of myself. I just need some attention too and there are things around the house that need his attention and he just ignores it and says no matter what nothing can interfere with his sobriety. Is there anyone else who feels left out of the loop?

Anonymous

Replies

Reply:whats wrong with you

Reply:whats wrong with you
Details:

my daughters dad is in galax right now, today is sat feb 12, and we are going up he has been there around 10 days, i thank god he is sober, so if you married for better or worse then why dont you go to NA, so you will understand why this is so important to him, or even better support him and go with him. would you rather him be drunk or sober, think about this very hard, encouraging, dont know if i spelled encourage right or not, but god says encourage one another, so get busy and thank god he is trying and not laying drunk

Member:
Anonymous
Date:
Saturday, February 12, 2011 12:12 AM MST

Reply:

Reply:
Details:

i havent heard from my gf in 16 days i dont believe the counselor is giving my messages and a couple other things. when is visitation hours

Member:
Anonymous
Date:
Friday, November 29, 2013 11:25 PM MST

Support for your Organization

If you represent a health care provider, government entity, library or university, we would like to support you. See our organization support page to see how we can help.