Dynamic Youth Community, Inc Discussion by Anonymous

A discussion of the rehab center completed on Thursday, November 11, 2010 4:28 AM MST.

Title

half of this is wrong.

Details

DYC does NOT have specific programs for pregnant,post partum or ppl with children and I know this first hand. They had no clue how to deal with ppl having kids while being there. And I saw a girl shotdown and put on a chair facing a wall and kicked out cuz she was pregnant. They also do NOT have aids,lgbt groups either. Yeah maybe prevention. I bet that they didn't say that when u get introuble, they make u wear big cardboard signs or pick up a whole lawn of leaves with ur hands or, scrub a floor with a toothbrush. Its inhumane the way they treat kids. And its degrading, I am a parent of a "member" who completed and I was disgusted what my teenager told me after graduating. She feared the staff so much there she wouldn't even tell me in fear they would send her back upstate. Do not send ur children to this program. As a parent, please I am begging you.

Anonymous

Replies

RE: half of this is wrong.

RE: half of this is wrong.
Details:

Have you reported this to anyone?

Member:
Anonymous
Date:
Thursday, January 13, 2011 6:57 PM MST

Reply:

Reply:
Details:

your probably an enabler and your the reason why your kid was able to do whatever they want and use drugs..and i doubt your kid completed all of dyc maybe just the upstate part..i have many friends including myself who owe their lives to dyc..i was a heroin and crack addict..and now im clean almost 10 years because i had dyc..maybe you should stop ;listening to your addict lying child and get some help...

Member:
Anonymous
Date:
Friday, November 11, 2011 9:54 PM MST

Reply: You're not alone

Reply: You're not alone
Details:

I'm sorry what happened to you and your child. I, to, am a victim of the troubled teen industry. You are not alone, there are tens of thousands. Monthly meetings for parents and children. Google International Cultic Studies Association. Support on CAFETY.org. I wish you peace and healing.

Member:
Anonymous
Date:
Monday, January 14, 2013 10:31 PM MST

Reply: I agree, wholeheartedly.

Reply: I agree, wholeheartedly.
Details:

It is beyond deplorable - to exploit our kids,all while taking advantage of the parents being desperate and unaware. Putting these kids, forcibly on HRA public assistance, as addicts in a residential treatment, will stay on their record for life, and hurt their future, needlessly, while Dynamic enjoys the flowing cash and the ultimate control over our kids for years to come. The control methods are unethical and legally questionable, to put it lightly. An investigation into their shady practice, is way past due!!!!

Member:
Anonymous
Date:
Sunday, August 06, 2017 10:39 AM MST

Reply:

Reply:
Details:

A few years later but something that must be addressed. These "inhumane" things that were done were in short, not done. Please do not spread rumors or try to get "revenge" by spreading lies or defaming a program that tries to help your child. If for some reason it did not work for you - go elsewhere. These days, kids go through so many programs before finding one that works. Fortunately for many, DYC worked for them. Your lies and rumors are only serving to keep helpless children in the street battling addiction longer, in fear that your lies are factual. There is no good experience with programs, as it is one of the toughest things a parent has to go through, but doing things the right way leads to positive experiences and outcomes. Spreading lies, unfortunately for you, does not.

Member:
Anonymous
Date:
Thursday, September 13, 2018 3:36 PM MST

Support for your Organization

If you represent a health care provider, government entity, library or university, we would like to support you. See our organization support page to see how we can help.