Brookhaven Retreat Discussion by Anonymous

A discussion of the rehab center completed on Friday, October 04, 2013 10:54 AM MST.

Title

Trying to recoup some of the money from insurance

Details

Any chance of getting an itemized bill legally from Brookhaven?

Anonymous

Replies

Re: Insurance Reimbursement:

Re: Insurance Reimbursement:
Details:

this place is a sham. my insurance wants the codes andwill only take them from the facility and Jackie! does do this despite and I personally think it is because it will NOT be covered. I would like to file a class action suit. THey have a responsibility to help those they have taken money from. They prey on those in need. There facility is substandard and she has a team of people working hard to keep her scores up. It is both a shame and a sham.

Member:
Anonymous
Date:
Monday, January 13, 2014 1:13 PM MST

Reply: Insurance Reimbursement

Reply: Insurance Reimbursement
Details:

Brookhaven Retreat does not supply patient records coded for insurance companies. This would require the treatment program to conform to specific insurance company guidelines, which it may or may not, depending on the insurance company. It would also require the addition of specialized staff to maintain this documentation and track detailed individual expenses. Brookhaven Retreat became a private pay facility partly in order to divest itself of needless overhead and insurance company influence over the program, providing the flexibility needed to ensure its quality and success. Brookhaven Retreat is very open about its status as a private pay organization and is very careful to ensure that clients understand what that means in terms of insurance reimbursement before they admit.

Member:
Brookhaven
Date:
Wednesday, May 06, 2015 8:31 PM MST

Support for your Organization

If you represent a health care provider, government entity, library or university, we would like to support you. See our organization support page to see how we can help.