Crystal Health & Rehab of Greenwood, LLC Discussion by Anonymous

A discussion of the nursing home completed on Wednesday, February 25, 2009 6:01 AM MST.

Title

what happens to patient funds after they have expired

Details

my relative died in november of 2008 and we are yet to receive a refund from his funds not used. this money was to be used for funeral services. it is now going into march of the next year and we still nave not received all the funds to pay the funeral home. what do we need to do to get these funds.

Anonymous

Replies

Reply:

Reply:
Details:

I DO NOT KNOW THEIR POLICY BUT I DO KNOW GENERALLY SPEAKING NO REFUND CAN BE MADE UNTILL ALL BILLS HAVE BEEN PAID OWED TO THE BUSINESS. THE FUNERAL HOME COULD HAVE SUBMITTED A BILL TO BE HELD AGAINST THE ESTATE TO PROBATE COURT AND WHEN REFUND TO ESTATE COMES THEIR BILL COULD HAVE BEEN PAID. ALL BUSINESSES HAVE REFUND PROCEDURES THAT SHOULD BE EXPLAINED TO THE FAMILY ON THE FRONT END. HOWEVER, SOMETIMES THE FAMILY MEMBER THAT IS TAKING CARE OF FUNERAL HOME IS NOT THE SAME PERSON THAT CAME INTO BUILDING AS THE FAMILY FOR THE PATIENT AND THIS CAN CAUSE UPSETNESS WHEN SOMEONE PASSES AWAY AND EVERYONE DOES NOT KNOW ALL OF THE BUSINESS ARRANGEMENTS BETWEEN PATIENT AND THEIR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER.

Member:
Anonymous
Date:
Sunday, December 06, 2009 9:27 PM MST

Support for your Organization

If you represent a health care provider, government entity, library or university, we would like to support you. See our organization support page to see how we can help.