Galax Treatment Center, Inc Discussion by Anonymous

A discussion of the rehab center completed on Tuesday, August 04, 2009 11:12 AM MST.

Title

Cheating at rehab

Details

I want to thank Galax for letting my husband take his off time with another addict. He was sent there to get better not go off with some HO. Don't you people monitor your paitents where abouts and who they are with. We are sitting at home worring about our loved ones and you are letting them screw around on us, we don't find out until they are home and calling these bitches. We went through hell while they are addicted and now we go through hell trying to recoop our marriages. You shold look on the alanon message boards where rehab has ruined peoples lives because you have no rules in rehab and you can't keep your eye on your patients. We should be able to sue the rehab centers for our money back.

Anonymous

Replies

dear upset family

dear upset family
Details:

I was in there and i did see a bit of this going on but mabe it is just the addict in them and hope with your support and love for him you will get through this, i know how hard it must be and i am so sorry. many of the men there tried me but i wasnt interested i was very serious about my recovery.

Member:
Anonymous
Date:
Friday, February 26, 2010 7:46 AM MST

RE: Cheating at rehab

RE: Cheating at rehab
Details:

It's not Galax's fault you cant please your man.

Member:
Anonymous
Date:
Saturday, January 08, 2011 12:13 PM MST

Reply:

Reply:
Details:

Is he still there? I was just curious because my husband is there now and I was wondering the same thing.

Member:
Anonymous
Date:
Saturday, April 09, 2011 3:25 PM MST

Reply:

Reply:
Details:

what? this is comforting, considering my husband is about to leave in 2 days to go here. we have already dealt with 'cheating' issue several years ago. i cant go thru it again. hopefully this will be a good/positive experience. after-all if he does go there and messes around....then he would or has all along, right. trust is hard to come by and so much harder to regain....so we do struggle in the trust area....if he goes there and 'hooks up' i am done here. i agree with u, after all they put us and the kids thru they ought to show some respect. now not only will i worry about him, but i will worry about some ho trying to seduce him....great!!!

Member:
Anonymous
Date:
Saturday, July 16, 2011 2:27 PM MST

Take responsability!

Take responsability!
Details:

The staff tries very hard to deter people from getting into relationships. It is unfair to blame a facility for something your husband has done. I am a former patient and that place saved my life! I now have 4 years clean and sober. If I relapsed it would be my fault not theirs. To blame them sounds more like enabling your husband to not take responsibility for his actions. If your spouse met someone and had an affair where they work, would you blame their employer or them? The patients are not children; they are grown adults!

Member:
Anonymous
Date:
Monday, August 08, 2011 6:32 PM MST

Support for your Organization

If you represent a health care provider, government entity, library or university, we would like to support you. See our organization support page to see how we can help.